Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I've looked in the forums and found plenty of info on the whole firmware upgrade issue. I'm not sure if it directly relates to my problem. Here's the issue I've been having:

I had a second Satellite setup to receive Foreign programming on channels 2001-2003 (Directv). The installer said the box couldn't support a two satellite setup (Triple LNB HD and a Single LNB international) and gave me a RCA box instead...My Sony box was much better and I was wondering whether I could use it with this setup. They put a 6x8 Multiswitch on it and connected the Triple LNB to the 101/110 inputs and connected the international into a Flexport..I tried hooking up the Sony box in but it would only recognize Sat A, and not B,C..

I don't use the Directv HD channels so I don't know why they installed that to begin with. (I use off air HD)...Anyone have a guess to whether I can make this work? I tried calling Sony Support but a disinterested operator told me it wouldn't work....I can't think of a reason why it should..In the manual it says the Directv channel range is variable.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks so much for your help!

Sam

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
I'm pretty sure that the Sony HD200 is too old to work with the newer multisatellite scheme. What RCA Receiver did you get? Does it see all of the satellites?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Litzdog,

Thank you for your response! The RCA box is model DTC210. It does see all of the satellites. Problem is in the Sony Manual it does say it should support a Triple LNB dish..But with the 6x8 Multiswitch it only will detect Sat A. The book says a 5x4 should be used. On the Multiswitch I have only 5 ports are being used. (Sat A,B,C, Flexport 2). Is it as simple as the Multiswitch? I'm only using the Basic Directv Domestic, so I only use Sat A. Do you think it is feasible to get a single LNB dish for Domestic instead of the triple LNB and then try a smaller Multiswitch to get it to work?

Thanks alot for your help!

SV

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Your receiver would not reconize the extra dish regardless, it just wouldn't know what to do with it. Directv receivers access the various LNB's and transponders by sending a selection of voltages and tones to the multiswitch so it knows what to send back to the receiver. Your receiver can't generate the proper information needed to feed it the extra dish probably...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.