AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all of the problems the Sony HD 200 is having has anyone heard anything about Sony introducing a new receiver (HD 300)?? If so when will it come out. I was about to purchase a HD 200 but I'm not sure, because I keep reading so many horror stories about it. If the HD 300 is coming out soon I might just wait. Thanks for any updates that you have.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Why is the half life of a Zenith designed STB about 4 months? What would make you think that they would get it right the next time? The answer is that the new box will have lots of problems until they get a 2nd or 3rd software release.

Having said that its not clear that the HD-200 is all that bad. You always get a distorted view by reading about all the problems htat people have. I suspect that it is 100% better now with the recent software upgrade. I know when I bought my Hughes this board as lit up with a host of problems but I am not sorry I bought it.

Where are the HD-200 owners defending this box?

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by IUnknown
Where are the HD-200 owners defending this box?
\\

We're probably too busy watching the incredible pictures! I have two HD200s, and they work quite well. One of the boxes was losing digital channels before the recent upgrade (causing me to manually add the channels occasionally) but it appears that was fixed with the latest upgrade. I have not experienced audio dropouts or any video problems. The guide is much improved over the HD100. Hopefully the "HD300" will have firewire.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got the HD200 two weeks ago and it is awesome. Such an improvement over the Samsung 151T I had. So far I am only using it for OTA and I haven't experienced any problems. It was manufactured Feb. '03 and doesn't have the most recent software upgrade. I picked it up at The Good Guys for $650. It is a killer looking and performing STB.

C-ya

·
Registered
Epson 5040UB projector, Denon 6300, 7.1.4 setup, M&K THX speakers and SVS subwoofer
3,347 Posts
If Zenith/Sony don't include caller ID and a numerical readout of signal strength of OTA HDTV then they've missed the boat. I was at CES in January and the only significant thing I saw on the HD-SAT530 spec sheet to differentiate it from the HD-SAT520 is simultaneous output of s-video and component video. I hope they're including more than that...

·
Registered
216 Posts
What problems? My HD-200 works great. No problems like the one's I've read about on these forums. I bought it only two weeks ago so maybe it's of the newer breed without these problems, but I see no reason for an HD-300.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.