AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When receiving Direct TV signals at certain times, my HD100 picture breaks up and gives me a signal reading that varies from 0 to 70 on some channels - basically the locals and the sports channels. All high definition and OTA hi def signals come in fine. Then the problem will clear up and the channels will come in fine. The other boxes I have do not have this problem. Is there different processing within the box that would cause some D*TV channels to come in fine while others are a problem? I never have a problem with the D*TV hi def channels. Any ideas? Thanks - I'm using the eliptical dish with 3 lnbs and have had the system up for 1 1/2 years.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Are the "some" channels always the same? I suspect that different DBS transponders are not all the same Power Output and that some are lower than others. Hence the question. I believe the "locals" are Spot Beam transponders but don't know if that means anything.

I sometimes see pixelation on my HD100 on certain channels. Also, as an aside, I have East and West coast network feeds from D* and their picture quality is much better than my local channel network D* feeds. Interesting I think.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.