AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else leave their HD100 powered on most of the time? It seems if I leave it powered on for several days and then try and use any of the guides with the picture in the window, the scaled-down picture gets distorted with digital artifacts. Sometimes it gets so messed up that the HD100 effectively shuts itself off and "reboots." If it doesn't "reboot" itself, turning the unit off and then on again seems to fix the problem. I am wondering if it is just my unit or an inherent problem to all HD100s.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
You know, I've never thought about it before, but mine does that, too! Never crossed my mind that leaving it on 24/7 might have something to do with it....

------------------

Robert Simandl ... somewhere near St. Louis

[email protected]

·
Registered
464 Posts
Welcome to the Sony 21st Century merchandising known as "Beta Testing on Consumers" Congratulations!

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
My HD-100 stays on 24/7 *with no fan* and I have never seen this problem in 3 months. I suggest you register a trouble ticket.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Stanton:
My HD-100 stays on 24/7 *with no fan* and I have never seen this problem in 3 months. I suggest you register a trouble ticket.
Stanton,

Your fanless HD-100 is still going like champ? GREAT! What is the ambient temperature of your room? Mine gets real hot to the touch with the fan on in an 80 degree room.

------------------

I Want My sports In HDTV

·
Registered
780 Posts
Mine stays on 24/7 and I haven't seen that particular problem, so its probably worth calling it in and opening a problem event. Incidentally, unless you unplug it, it is always on regardless of the state of the on/off switch, it just shuts down the A/V outputs and front panel display.

Tony

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So there is at least one other person out there with the same problem. Hmmm... I wonder, Robert, what is the manufacturing date on your unit? I'll check mine tonight. I'm thinking I should just exchange mine for another one...

·
Registered
320 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Stanton:
In response to the temperature question on my HD-100:

I keep the downstairs temperature (where my HT set-up is) @ 75F/day and 79F/night. The (top) case gets warm whether the fan is on or not; it's just a *lot* quieter w/out it :). Remember, my HD-100 does *not* sit in a rack and I drilled 8 half-inch holes in the top for better ventilation.
Thanks Stanton.

Sony DSS gear seems to get really hot. A friend owns a Sony SAT-A55 and that receiver gets much hotter than his RCA and my HD-100. He had it for over a year without a problem. Also, the A55 is does not have a fan and sitting in a semi enclosed rack.

I'm also thinking of dsconnecting the fan. If anything bad happpens, that extended warranty will come in real handy. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/cool.gif

Will

------------------

I Want My sports In HDTV

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
In response to the temperature question on my HD-100:

I keep the downstairs temperature (where my HT set-up is) @ 75F/day and 79F/night. The (top) case gets warm whether the fan is on or not; it's just a *lot* quieter w/out it :). Remember, my HD-100 does *not* sit in a rack and I drilled 8 half-inch holes in the top for better ventilation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.