Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

I have been playing with the HD100 for several weeks now and one thing is bothering me, when I channel surf I can't get any info on what is being displayed unless I hit the display key. I went into the menu and I was not able to find anything that would change this. I also have the DTC100 in another room and it displays the channel banner when ever I switch channels. Can anyone help?

Lon

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
I think that is how all sony box's work. And is the one thing I hate about their boxes. I might be wrong but I don't think they have an option for this at all. I wish they did because this is one thing that has cost sony my business.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
This is not normal. I have all Sony STB's including the HD-100. They all display banners the same way.

If you are asking about banner information in the general guide when you press "guide" Than you should see the top left quarter of the screen displaying the channel video, the top right quarter diplays the banner info, including time start and end, name of show, information on the show as well as actors or actresses and rating. If your asking about the Surf feature when you press "index" than you still should see the same exact thing in the upper quarters of the screen. Only difference is now your surfing the logos as opposed to the actual name of the program. You can also turn the "surf" feature off under menu/preferences and than you can surf the logos while maintaining the same video channel in the upper left quarter of the screen.

Either way, you will always get banner info without pressing display or info.

------------------

Joe C
MY HT/Gameroom

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
I think what he meant is that when you change the channel with RCA, Hughes, Panny, etc. Boxes the channel banner shows up and shows you what channel, whats playing, time, etc.. but on the sony boxes the channel banner only shows what channel your on(Number). And if you want to know whats on you have to press display and then to make it go away you need to press it again. instead of it dissappearing on its own.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.