AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got these three, a Sony HD100, Sony T-60, & Sony SAT-B1, and want to change the IR code on the HD100 so that it's remote doesn't interfere with the other two. This doesn't appear to be documented in the HD100 manual, and I know how to do it with the T-60, but has anyone found out how to change the IR code for the HD100 so that it doesn't interfere with the other two boxes?

Thanks in advance!

-Stach

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Stach,

Why not change the other two so that there is not problem? Better, why not go RF with the HD100? Wait, maybe it still spits out IR. Change the other two.

Art

[This message has been edited by Art Lloyd (edited 06-19-2001).]

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but here's my reasoning:

1) I don't want to use RF for the HD100 because it will eat up batteries much faster, and I have no need to use RF.

2) I would switch the T-60 and the B-1, but I don't know how to switch the B-1 to another code...but I do know how to switch the T-60

So I guess, I'm looking for a way to switch either the HD100 or the B-1 to another IR remote code. Let me know if you know how to do either.

Thanks!

-Stach

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I still haven't been able to find an answer for this while scouring the web, please help...

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have a b1 but I use it with a SA tivo..it doesn't have a ir change function...so unless the hd100 does you are in trouble without going RF. since the Tivo controls my b1 I cover the front. when the t60 goes dual tuner will you still need the b1 in that room????? coming this summer....

no disrespect but can I ask why you want 3 tuners in the same room???

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having a very similar problem. I just purchased a Panasonic CT-34WX50 w/ the Sony HD-100 STB. I already owned a T-60 DirecTivo and am adding it to the same system. The issue is that the DirecTivo and the HD-100 use the same IR signals. Anytime I turn on 1 of the components, the other shuts off (or visa versa).

I changed the HD-100 to RF, but it appears to still send IR signals. I could put it into a cabinet, but I hate to waste that great front display that shows the channel, time, output, etc..

The previous post said that they knew how to change the code for the T-60 DirecTivo. I can't find this info in the manual (other than changing the TV remote codes). Please help.

Thanks,

Dan

·
Super Moderator
21,526 Posts
My Sony remotes all are set to RF and battery life is in years- not an issue

Put a piece of black tape over the offending IR emmitter or receiver

·
Registered
23 Posts
Put the HD-100 in RF mode, make sure you have the included antenna connected to the back of the receiver. Place a small piece of black electrical tape over the IR end of the remote. This should work well, I have been using mine in RF mode constantly because the remote response time seems to be much faster!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.