AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I know this is an old story, HD100 dropouts on the hour and on the half hour, but please let me know why I began experiencing them only last night after a couple months of short, random dropouts? Might it have been sme odd combination of channel sequencing? 509, Sopranos and set your watch dropouts. Art

·
Registered
731 Posts
Check this thread out:

http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/Forum11/HTML/013475.html

Roger

------------------

System: B&K AVR307, Toshiba TW65H80 RPTV, Sony DVP-S9000ES DVD, JVC HR-5400U SVHS

Philips CDR880 CDR, Sony SAT-HD100 & B50 DBS, Phase Linear 8000 Turntable

Polk RT2000P mains, Polk CS350 Center, Polk LS/FX Surrounds

Sunfire Signature True Subwoofer, Pronto Remote

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Roger,

Thanks, I had read that thread and I believe that I was on two Dss channels but maybe not. I think Joe did great work but would be surprised if it turned out to be so simple. I have had every combinatin of channels configured and never had the periodic drop out before. Do you think they could disable the jump feature as a quick fix until the whole deal is exorcized? Art

·
Registered
731 Posts
Art, I don't think it's the jump feature, rather the last LNB you were on before selecting the channel you want to watch. If you want to watch 509 without dropouts, then select 199 first, then 509. If you want to watch 503, then select 501 first, etc. This seems to be working for me. The jump feature is probably just something built in to quickly select between two stations, probably not the cause of the drop-outs (IMO).

Roger

------------------

System: B&K AVR307, Toshiba TW65H80 RPTV, Sony DVP-S9000ES DVD, JVC HR-5400U SVHS

Philips CDR880 CDR, Sony SAT-HD100 & B50 DBS, Phase Linear 8000 Turntable

Polk RT2000P mains, Polk CS350 Center, Polk LS/FX Surrounds

Sunfire Signature True Subwoofer, Pronto Remote

·
Registered
540 Posts
I agree... last night on the sapranos i had the standard 9:30 dropout with my previous channel being 206... after that, just to check, I went to 199 and then 509... No dropout at 10:00.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Ahhh, the perfect test just when I needed it. Thanks lhamp!

Roger

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.