Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:

I presently own both the RCA DTC100 and the Sony HD100.

With the Sony there does not seem to be any way to set a series of favorite channels to view, only favorite channels in the guide.

What I am looking to do is the following:

There are three sporting events I am watching on three different channels- I would like the ability to select only those three channels to view so when I hit the up/dn channel on the remote I only surf those three channels.

I was able to do the above by setting the channels in profiles in the RCA DTC100, but I have not been able to set it for the HD100- Can anyone help?

·
Registered
961 Posts
Well, the HD100 does allow you to establish four Favorite Channels groups, with up to 7 channels each. Press the Favorite button on the Sony remote.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Unfortunately, favorites don't work that way on the Sony. You have only one set of custom channels instead of the different profiles available on the RCA. So you would have to remove everything except those three channels from the custom channels to do this using channel up and down. You could have done it with the Jump loop but Sony removed that feature a while ago on their receivers.

Will

·
Premium Member
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by artshotwell:
Well, the HD100 does allow you to establish four Favorite Channels groups, with up to 7 channels each. Press the Favorite button on the Sony remote.
The favorite channels group is only for program guide viewing not channel surfing.

LJG

·
Registered
961 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by LJG:
The favorite channels group is only for program guide viewing not channel surfing.

LJG
Then I must be missing something. Because on my hd-100, when I press the Favorites button on the remote, I get a list of my 4 favorites groups. When I select a group, I get a list of 7 channels on the right half of the screen and as I click on the different channels, I get a picture in upper left, with program guide info in lower left. That's not channel surfing? Works for me. Art

·
Premium Member
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by artshotwell:
Then I must be missing something. Because on my hd-100, when I press the Favorites button on the remote, I get a list of my 4 favorites groups. When I select a group, I get a list of 7 channels on the right half of the screen and as I click on the different channels, I get a picture in upper left, with program guide info in lower left. That's not channel surfing? Works for me. Art
Art:

If I hit favorite channel it takes me to program guide and yes in the upper left there is a picture, but what I want is to view the full screen for just the channels I select and view only those channels as I continue to watch all the channels- I have no desire to have the program guide take up a portion of the screen because I have selected the channels to watch and have no need for the guide.

LJG

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
LJG, I don't have my manual on me at the moment, so I can't be sure if this will work. I wish the manual pdf was online!

On the older sonys there was an option under Menu-Options-Display Options. You could select how the jump button functioned. Two choices, standard jump, or jump loop.

Option 1 (standard jump): aka Last Channel Recall. Jump toggles between the last two channels that were tuned.

Option 2 (jump loop): Tune selected channel then press and hold jump button to add it to the list. Do this for all wanted channels.

Maybe that feature still exists, maybe not...

What you want to do would be do-able with a jump loop.

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
I just called sony, seems like that feature has been removed from the latest units. That sucks!

I'd suggest, if you want that feature returned, call sony, 800-838-7669 and complain about it being removed.

[This message has been edited by Jeff D (edited 07-20-2001).]

·
Registered
55 Posts
Jeff, which feature are you referring to that's been removed? (General favorites functionality as discussed above, or jump loop options in your latest message?)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.