Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I returned my Sony HD100 for the following reasons:

It was unable to "lock on" to my OTA digitals reliably. The RCA STB had no problem doing this. The Sony would map channels in different ways with no apparent consistency. I think this reflects a problem with the OTA receiver in the Sony.

The HD picture appeared softer than that on the RCA.

Fan noise was objectionable in a quiet room

I liked many other features, including the guide, which is reasonable fast and the variable mode which selects automatically between 480 and 1080 on Sony Monitors. I will probably wait 6 months or so for the bugs to get worked out, and give it another try then. Hopefully the first problem can be worked via software upgrade, but I suspect the fan and picture quality are hardware problems.

·
Registered
34 Posts
vconnell - I replaced the RCA with the Sony and have decided on balance to keep the Sony, notwithstanding the fan drone, because it has done a much better job than the RCA locking in on OTA digital signals, and picture softness is about the same on my monitor. Go figure.

·
Registered
540 Posts
vconnell, I can understand most of your points, but it surprises me to hear you say that hd images appear softer on the sony than the rca. I've owned the rca, the panasonic and the sony, and, IMHO, hd images on both the panny and the sony are far better than the rca.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.