AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonder if anyone else has experienced the HD100 changing PSIP on a digital station. I'm in the Tampa, FL market and Fox DT is on 12 and the PSIP is 12.1. The other day I couldn't find Fox DT, so I did a digital search, and the station now appears as 5.1. I know this is not the correct channel designation because their analog is on 13. All the other digital stations are showing the correct PSIP.

Anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
I have noticed that the station ID's will change depending on when you re-scan and when the station's are actually sending the (PSIP) information. I currently have all of mine "saved" correctly. I think the real question here is: when will Sony issue a software update to consistently, reliably decode the PSIP info, and when will stations properly broadcast this info. I really worry that this will turn into a finger-pointing issue (like the lip-sync stuff). The broadcasters will say the HD-100 doesn't properly decode the info, and Sony will say the broadcasters aren't properly broadcasting the info. While the lip-sync issue primarily fell upon the broadcasters setting their encoders correctly, I think the program guide info really is 2-part problem. Unfortunately, we don't seem to either have any broadcasters (who understand the technology) driving a solution, or Sony hasn't committed the resources for a fix (like they did with the drop-out issue). IMHO, this is the last real negative issue for the HD-100.

[This message has been edited by Stanton (edited 07-22-2001).]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.