Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okee dokee....here we go

I am ready to go HDTV and have been doing so much reading/searching that my eyes are bleeding and I need a little push one way or the other

Here are the facts and I welcome any recommendations:

I have a 57 inch widescreen toshiba hdtv ready and looking to add the hdtv set top box. It is a newer tv and has component connections as well as DVI. The tv is great and has many inputs so I can run dtv as well as basic cable and easily switch from inputs if needed. What is making me make the change is the "grain" appearence I get watching some sporting events..particularly when it goes to a wide shot. I know I need the new dish...it is the receiver I am stuck on.

I have been using on an old sony SAT-A3 for years and the wife and kids have become fond of the guide(you know you can look to see what else is on with the pic and sound in the background). I want something that will give me the best picture as well as ease of use when switching between signals......is there a receiver which will just display the current signals going in to the best possible format?

The receiver will be inside my entertainment center so heat may be an issue

Based on what I have read there is currently no box with dvi that will take the HU card

So I am currently looking at the Toshiba DST3000 and the Sony HD100 and possibly the Panasonic HDS20. I am also looking in to adding a replaytv in the near future. Any recommendations on experience are welcome........many thanks

·
Registered
210 Posts
The Sony 100 is compatible with the ReplayTV serial port. You can avoid an IR Blaster this way.

Past that, it's probablly just a "pick'em".

·
Registered
109 Posts
The HD100 hasn't been available for purchase in a long time. It has been replaced by the HD200 which will be replaced by the HD300 in about a month.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.