AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
ebay is you best bet or perhaps some open box at a B&M but I doubt you could find one as they have be out of production for some time.

I got to know why you want a HD-100. This is most likely the worst D* stb I have ever used. The HD-100 was extremely bug ridden (it use to drop out picture on the half hour marks) and did did not support AGP, e.g. the only way you could get local guide data was via PSIP and most stations do (or at least did) a very poor job at accurate PSIP data. The problems with this box were so bad that Sony actually sent me a check for $799 + Tax, buying this POS back. Oh, I almost forgot the fan in this box sounded an aircraft (yeah , yeah I know you could open the box and remove the fan but what kind of nut would do that).

The best and only feature that was worth wild was the variable mode where if you had a 4:3 hdtv and the station broadcast in 4:3 480i mode the HD-100 would output 480i automatically on the component cables. I have to say this was a nice feature for watching SD content, but unless you are using an old 4:3 TV most of todays STBs have better features like NLS modes to deal with 4:3 content.

Regards,

Brian

·
Registered
779 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by disbthai
hey thanks btmoore for the heads up!! i'm thinking tosihba dst 3000? do you have any info on the model?
It is the same as the Hughes e86 and Mits hd400/500. I have had the Hughes for about 3 years and it has been a great box, but I am replacing it with the D* $99 deal (either Hughes or Sammy box). If I were you I would just sign up with the current D* deal for $99 for 2 year current D* customers or the $399 deal.

If you got the cash you might consider waiting until the new HD tivo comes out in a few months.

Regards,

B

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.