AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something is screwed up on my Sony HD Sat100 box. All I'm getting is a blank screen on my TV. Nothing has moved, no connections are changed. It seemed to start Sunday where when I switched to DBS from cable, the Sony was having a hard time getting guide information. The time and date showed up in the guide, but no programming. After about a minute or two of this, A message popped up saying that there is no future programing information available with an "OK" button to hit. After trying everything under the sun including powering down the DBS receiver, pulling the card and re-inserting it, powering down the TV... nothing seemed to help.

I kept playing with the remote, and the manual doesn't seem to have a general reset option. Now I can't even get the guide, and when I press the "Menu" button the current channel listed on the front panel of the Sony HD100 blanks out. BTW, when I was able to get to the menu yesterday, I checked everything including the antenna signal strength, 78 lowest, 90 highest on all transponders. I'm convinced its something to do with the Sony remote which has buttons for TV/Video, Sat/Video and several other options... problem is they don't give you explicit instructions in the manual.

Anybody ever hear of something like this and since I've heard Sony CS is marginal at best... is it worth calling them? I'm not paying DTV to come out and charge me for a service call because they know some secret reset code.

I should note that my TV (Mits 62 DLP) is working just fine, cable is spot-on including HD material.

Mike

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Unplugging it for an extended period of time will reset it, if that doesn't do the trick, it might be time to send it in for repair or get a new receiver.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.