AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just enjoyed the hell out of CSI in true high def on KMOV-DT tonight, via my brand spankin' new Sony SAT-HD100 tuner.

Can someone tell me one thing about the "Advanced Program Guide," though? It lists the satellite channels fine and dandy, but for the local analog channels it simply lists "local programming." For the local HD channels it simply lists "Digital TV Programming."

This does NOT seem very "advanced" to me <G>.

Is there some step I haven't done yet to complete the Program Guide (I don't have the DirecTV Plus dish installed yet if that makes a difference), or is this what I'm going to get on the guide all the time now?

Answers appreciated...

------------------

Robert Simandl ... somewhere near St. Louis

[email protected]

[This message has been edited by Robert Simandl (edited 06-07-2001).]

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Robert,

If there is something else there I, too, have missed it. After the repair patches and the demise of the dreaded dropouts I feel okay about having bought the Sony unit, but I am disappointed in the lack of station informtion for OTA sources. Just for a laugh read the review of lthe Sony in Stereophile Guide to HT. Art

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
The HD100 does not use the Advanced Program Guide. It uses some Sony technology to integrate the local channels into the guide. I doubt if there will be a software upgrade to fix this.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I, too, am disappointed. In fact, I thought Sony claimed it uses the Advanced Program Guide. And, yes, CSI is probably one of the best photographed shows on network tv. Art

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.