AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone confirm that the VGA output on the SonyHD100 work (i read somewhere that the VGA out doesn't work)? Is any one using this output? I want to know it before i go out and get one, because my local dealer has a no return policy on DSS system. I chose the sony because i need a set top box with component out and VGA out for using with a front projector (using VGA) and a HDTV using component. (i already have dish6000 which offer both), and want to add HDnet, but none of the DTV set top box offering both beside the Sony right? Thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
I use the Sony on my Electrohome FPTV. The image is shifted to the right a bit, but the projector allows me to correct this error. I have had no problems using the Sony on my FPTV and I now enjoy watching DSS on the big screen. I did have S-Video on my old Sony STB that was scaled before entering the projector. The picture using S-Video was blurry.

---Andy Garabedian

·
Registered
780 Posts
The VGA out does work but not at the same time as the Component out, you need to switch it to 1080i VGA mode. There are reported problems with the picture being shifted to one side via the VGA though which may be less of a problem with an FP than a fixed screen. Also, 1080i is the only output format in VGA mode.

Most dealers have a no-return policy AFTER the DirecTV card has been activated. Find out if they will let you return it before activation, that way you can check out the geometry with OTA or cable first.

Tony

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.