AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Mits 65903 HDTV that I'm thinking about using with Sony's HD Satellite Receiver. Anyone know if this is the greatest idea? From the manual it sorta sounds like it might not work with anything but HD material if I only use the VGA output.

My setup:

HDTV with 5 BNC connectors for RGBHV. Only takes 1080i (and 540p)

VGA to 5 BNC breakout cable

Sony box

Have an RCA DTC-100 right now that works pretty well, since it does almost everything on 540p. I don't believe my TV will take 480p without me disabling the 1080i.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Since you have the RGBVH on your set you are going to use the VGA connection on the HD100. The Sony has a problem with the VGA connection. The image is shifted to the right quite a bit. If you can compensate (With a RPTV you should have some adjustment, not sure how much though) and move the picture back to the left. There is no fix from Sony at this time. I use the Sony HD100 on my FPTV without a problem, but my projector has a wide H & V shifting range. You may want to try the box first with the assumption you may need to return the unit; or you could use the component out and the use a component to VGA converter......

--Andy Garabedian

·
Registered
149 Posts
Before receiving the new (excellent) Sony XBR 2, I used one of the HD-100's on a 480i output through Super VHS to an older Sony RP set with no problem. Piture was better than older DBS boxes, and yes, you could get HD channels if you wanted them. Picture was clearer; particularly off-air through set, whereas the sound made no difference through audio system (DD etc.). I'm assuming you're using the HD 100 with plans to get a component HD monitor/set in time. The VGA does does work, I understand, at least properly, because the Sony (and most) sync-on-green; therefore the super VHS is probably your best output for now; then shift to component cables when you get your HD set. If you get one (and) of the new Sony's, the remotes will dovetail well without much adjustment. good luck!

gene inger
www.ingerletter.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.