AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello---I purchased this reciever back in March. Since then my OTA digital channels in NYC are dropping in and out constantly. For 2 nights in a row HDTV Leno has completly had a signal drop. Every time I use auto program I get a different selection of digital channels. Some work ie: channel 2.1 (always works) the others crap in and out. I bought a Terk 55 antenna and ran all new cable from the roof to the basement (about 60 ft run). I am still having the same problem. Today I bought a 30 signal amp from Radio shack...to see if this will boost the signal. Can any one please give some advice on how to make my digital channels remain on all the time? Is this Sonys Fault? Is the box Bad? Also I am looking for a satallite spreaker reciever combo (energy encores w/ dennonavr3800 reciever)---can someone please steer me in the right direction? Thanks you very much guys!

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
The only issue I've had with rescans is that on occasion I'll get a "mystery channel" 98. There is never anything on it but somehow it scans it in once in awhile.

As far as dropouts on OTA, I haven't seen that issue. How is your signal strength in general? Are you certain you have the antenna oriented properly towards the WTC and ESB?

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Tony,

I can't say if this was before or after the patch since I'm not sure when I got that patch. This issue has been there for quite some time. It's easy enough to delete the channel but it sure is weird isn't it?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Ken Ross:
The only issue I've had with rescans is that on occasion I'll get a "mystery channel" 98. There is never anything on it but somehow it scans it in once in awhile.

As far as dropouts on OTA, I haven't seen that issue. How is your signal strength in general? Are you certain you have the antenna oriented properly towards the WTC and ESB?
Ken,

Thats interesting as I've got the same phenomenon here in Los Angeles. Suddenly I have a channel 98.1 in my list that has no signal strength but it's persistent across multiple rescans. This seemed to appear after the last patch.

Tony

·
Registered
961 Posts
Tony, I noticed the phantom 98 issue before the patches. Showed up on my very first scan. Art

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.