AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know where a new HD200 is in stock and ready to ship (at a reasonable price)?

Thanks - Bill :(

·
Registered
506 Posts
ABT Electronics website and salesperson stated that they were in stock this weekend. I ordered one for $720 with free shipping (Agoraquest member discount vs. $799 website price) which is supposedly shipping today.

ABT's site now shows backordered for 7-14 days. Every retailer says that the HD200 is in great demand.

·
Registered
512 Posts
There's one on a UPS truck headed my way right now. It was ordered 10/26/02 from Crutchfield. Not the best price, but I knew it would get here eventually coming from Crutchfield.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I bought a demo HD-200 from CC for $450. It's feeding my Sony GWII 60".

It's an awesome receiver. You won't believe the OTA HD signal, especially in 1080i.

But I'll tell you what else you may have to wait on. No one had the eliptical 3 LNB HD satellite dish. I had to order it on the Web. Just received it tonight.

But fear not, if you have your old round dish (DirecTV), that works while you wait.

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I paid a $150 down payment on an HD200 at Ultimate Electronics three weeks ago. It was to be there the first of December. I eagerly went there today to see if I FINALLY got it and was told that a sales person wrongly sold mine to somebody else yesterday even though it was reserved for me. They said they were sorry and they'll order me another one.

Needless to say, I was not pleased at all. I asked what can be done to make up for this inconvenience. They told me that the sales person would not be getting the commission on the sale. But they absolutely refused to compensate ME for any of this screw up. They don't know now if I can get it before Christmas or not.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Fry's in Austin had both on display and on the shelves.

·
Registered
506 Posts
HD200 ordered 12/1 and shipped today from ABT Electronics! UPS website shows 12/6 expected delivery.

($720 including shipping and next day shipment. Thank you to the member that posted ABT having stock last weekend. ABT's site now shows backorder 7-14 days.)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am in the same boat: searching for an HD-200! I have had my GW-XBR60 for 10 days or so, and that's 10 too many not to have HD :D Although I love the TV. "Taken" is coming across real well in DirecTV SD.

I am on a wait list with Myer-Emco locally. As of today, no news from them on when they'll come in. Circuit City and Best Buy do not have any.

I also spoke to Crutchfield yesterday and the fellow told me that they now had a date of Jan 25 for this receiver!! He said this was due to Sony having to do revisions of the model and re-issue. This brings up the problem of how to identify a new model versus an old model, since they have the same HD-200 moniker. The news is getting worse as I go along.

ChasA-V

·
Registered
61 Posts
Update:

I just spoke to ABT and the salesguy informed me that they have 70 units due to arrive tomorrow. He said there may be a couple days slip, but should be no worse than that. He had 56 committed. Now he has 57 since I put in my order! Looks like my best bet yet. Thanks to the member who suggested ABT.

ChasA-V

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FYI...

There are 2 new HD200's on eBay now! 1 is available with Buy it Now for $750.00 and another is a complete system (dish included). There are also 3 LNB HD Dishes available for about $100.

I just purchased mine, thanks for the help. :D

Bill

·
Registered
531 Posts
just got my order in from abt setup took about 30 min to mount dish and set stb, this thing rocks hope to have my ota stuff setup by Christmas.

·
Registered
506 Posts
ChasA-V,

Another post stated that updated HD200's include a green sticker on them. I should be able to provide information on where the sticker is located as soon as I receive my unit (UPS's site shows it will be delivered 12/6!).

AVS members may want to jump on the reported 13 available HD200's at ABT as of yesterday. Mine shipped one day after placing my order.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.