AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen two different methods of tuning in the Sony SAT-HD200 sequence for channel tuning for local channels. The one most have is as follows: local channels from Directv, Analog over the air and Digital over the air. For example, if I go to channel 4, the source for the first channel 4 is Directv, if I arrow up, I get another channel 4, this one from the OTA antenna, if I arrow up again, I get channel the DTV version 4.1, from the antenna.

I saw one Sony SAT-HD200 which did not have a satellite antenna connected to it. This receiver first tuned all local OTA stations, then all Cable stations. Then the DTV stations. The edit channels screen had file folder tabs along the top of the screen, one tab for OTA, another for Cable, and a third for DTV stations. The tab for DTV stations showed the actual UHF channel number, not the relabled PSIP number though the set tunes the DTV stations with the original number using PSIP data. The advantage of this system is that you could stay in the channel range for either OTA, cable or DTV channel tuning. Mine works as explained in the first paragraph, which is nice for comparing Directv, Analog and DTV picture quality, but tedious to change channels since you have 3 of the same channel for each TV station.

What have other people had in their Sony SAT-HD200 receivers? Incidentally, the Zenith I saw works as explained in the second paragraph.

I got the new version of the software and it did not change the way the tuning worked.

· Registered
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Runch Machine
I have seen two different methods of tuning in the Sony SAT-HD200 sequence for channel tuning for local channels. The one most have is as follows: local channels from Directv, Analog over the air and Digital over the air. For example, if I go to channel 4, the source for the first channel 4 is Directv, if I arrow up, I get another channel 4, this one from the OTA antenna, if I arrow up again, I get channel the DTV version 4.1, from the antenna.

I saw one Sony SAT-HD200 which did not have a satellite antenna connected to it. This receiver first tuned all local OTA stations, then all Cable stations. Then the DTV stations. The edit channels screen had file folder tabs along the top of the screen, one tab for OTA, another for Cable, and a third for DTV stations. The tab for DTV stations showed the actual UHF channel number, not the relabled PSIP number though the set tunes the DTV stations with the original number using PSIP data. The advantage of this system is that you could stay in the channel range for either OTA, cable or DTV channel tuning. Mine works as explained in the first paragraph, which is nice for comparing Directv, Analog and DTV picture quality, but tedious to change channels since you have 3 of the same channel for each TV station.

What have other people had in their Sony SAT-HD200 receivers? Incidentally, the Zenith I saw works as explained in the second paragraph.

I got the new version of the software and it did not change the way the tuning worked.
I saw all of that too. When I hooked up the Direct TV, the whole thing changed. That, I believe, is because Direct TV provides the channel information that it uses and that the software is partly controlled by Direct TV when subscribed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.