AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Sony HD200 hooked up to a Toshiba 57HDX82 through the DVI port. Quite frequently I change the channel (to a OTA digital station), and the screen turns to white snow. This usually happens when the OTA channel has a low signal (as opposed to merely telling me that there is "no signal." If I turn the HD200 box off and then on again, the snow disappears and the picture (or no signal screen) returns.

Is this the HD200 or the Toshiba? I have extended warranties on each.

Has anyone used DirecTV's extended warranty (that we pay $5.95/mo for)? If I call D*, will they send a "rebuilt box," a loaner while they fix the box, or a new one. Should I try to get them to send me a HD300 or the new Hughes box instead?

Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess no one else is having this issue!!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Do you have the Sony set up for Auto-DVI? My Z-520 (same box) defaulted to Auto-DVI when I hooked it up to my Mitsu. It took several seconds for them to renegotiate when I went from a HD to SD digital channel. I ended up setting the 520 to manually stay on 1080i, and now no more delay. YMMV.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response. Yes, it is set to Auto-DVI. I will try the 1080i setting. Are there any differences in the "stretch" capabilities when not set at auto DVI? The "snow" is not the same as a lag in tuning the channel, but the suggestion makes sense.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried this fix, and the same problem occurred (but only one time instead of every 15 minutes). I will try to get D* to replace my box

·
Registered
149 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce61

Has anyone used DirecTV's extended warranty (that we pay $5.95/mo for)? If I call D*, will they send a "rebuilt box," a loaner while they fix the box, or a new one. Should I try to get them to send me a HD300 or the new Hughes box instead?

Thanks for the responses.
Bruce, I was also wondering about this warranty from DirecTV. I own a SAT-HD300 Box and considered getting it. Did DirecTV replace your box?

-Mike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.