AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
I guess the HD 300 could use some minor tweaking, but other than that mine works pretty well.

I'd like for the guide button to default to custom rather than all. That would probably be the biggest improvement for me.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
The update should be for the Hughes, 3200A and HD300. Rumor is that it will fix the guide custom default issue and audio drops (as well as giving the signal meter to those Hughes owners that don't have the 1.07 interim firmware).

·
Registered
379 Posts
Any more news on when this firmware update will be released?

·
Registered
47 Posts
For what its worth. I have been using the subject model for about 90 days now. It has been returned and replaced once for audio dropouts. It now is very intermittent on remote usage(RF), sometimes works, sometimes not. I honestly say that componet wise this is the biggest piece of sheis I have ever owned. If I did'nt have almost $600 tied up in the unit, I would see just how far down the San Antonio river it would float.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I heard that the firmware upgrade is due in April now.... seems they are in no big rush. I had a revision "B" model for about 3 months with no problems except for intermittent rf remote usage *annoying. I finally exchanged it (ups damaged it in Nov.) and this model is a revision "C" as stamped on the PCB. I have no problems and the RF function has yet to let me down. Only thing that is bothersome is the guide defaulting to the "ALL" setting. Hopefully the firmware upgrade will fix this among other things. :confused:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I also have a HD 300 rev C. My only complaint is that the timer/record function doesn't always switch to the proper channel. This has been documented here and elsewhere. I sent an email to Sony support and they suggested I send the unit in for service. Fat chance. I've got a unit that works and I'm sticking with it. Others have reported that repair/exchange didn't solve the timer problem anyway.

Is there any chance that the firmware update (if it ever arrives) will fix the timer problem?

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Unless someone/we ever get an actual list of what's in the upgrade, hard to say (unless you want to disassemble the firmware! :) )

I've got a B that's had few problems ever (and I'd not take chances sending it in for random improvements, either!).

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
From ccrews post at ***************:

"The 1.10 download coming up for the HD300 does include a fix for the audio problem that you are seeing. Also reported from the tech specs for 1.10 the following adjustments D* channels skip and repeat range asjustments, OTA channels audio buffering and delay adjustments"

I'm not sure what the skip and repeat is referring to but maybe it has to do with adjustment to better handle channel changes.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I just received this from LG after inquiring about the DVI-HDMI interface problem:

Great Company, Great People Dear Ruff, Thank you for inquiring of LG Electronics. Your email regarding the LSS-3200A has been received. The satellite update from DirecTV will address the DVI/HDMI compatibility issue. At this time, there has not been a scheduled date for the update to take place. Thank you again for inquiring of LG Electronics. Please feel free to contact us if you have additional questions or concerns. Think the Best and One Team Spirit ================================== Kim Email Administrator Customer Interactive Center LGEAI

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
Skip/repeat *does* sound something like parameters you see adjustable in PVRs IR/RF remote settings (I've seen that sort of thing in my Replays....), so you could be correct on that one. Thanks for the details; it would be nice to have some UI changes, but I wonder if they never change things there since they would upset as many people as they make happy!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.