AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a flash-based HD camcorder in the next couple of weeks and am considering the CX350V and the HF S10. (I'd like to keep the price under $1000.) I see a lot of posts about the CX500 and CX550, but not much about the CX350. Uses will be both indoors and out, nothing fancy though. I'd appreciate any thoughts.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I think the hdr-cx300 is the same camcorder except the 350 has 32 gig of memory and a gps but does run 100 bucks more....I just ordered a 300 and should have it next Tuesday and will post something after I have had a chance to play with it a bit.....

·
Registered
547 Posts
I just got the cx300 a few days ago and really like it, but have many questions. since its so new, it's hard to get any info.

I looked at the higher models like the 350 and higher, but they just seemed to have more drive space. now that we can use SD cards, I don't see the point in spending more for built in drive space. i had a 16gb card from a previous canon camcorder, and when I put it in the cx300 it worked great. One of my questions though, is why it gives me 235 minutes of recording time compared to 116 minutes with the built in flash which is also 16gb? baffling so far; same settings.

all the video is very crisp, but the indoor is really amazing. Far superior to the newest Canon HF200 which I returned.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I just bought a canon HF-S10 on a monster price mistake/clearance.

I also have a Sony HD-SR11.

The Biggest problem with the Canon.... its wide angle is not wide at all. 44mm vs 40mm. I dont even know how accurate that 44mm is, the 40mm Sony seems to capture a much larger area than the Canon.

Also, a wide angle lens does not work fully on the Canon. The Canon with a 0.47x wide angle is just a little wider than my Sony without any attachments.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts