AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using Sony's Picture Motion Browser prog., it seems to take FOREVER to transfer video files from my PC back to hard disk on the camcorder, so that they can be played and viewed. Sony's program calls this process "importing" video files.

Is there a quicker way to copy archived HD video files to the camcorder so that they can be played back from the camera to an HDTV monitor?

Just copying the video files from the archived file folder on my PC to the HDR-SR1's hard disk doesn't work. The camcorder doesn't see, or know where to find the video files if you just do a "copy and Paste" procedure from PC to the camcorder's hard drive.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Nope.

That's one of the SR1's problems... the fromat is so new that it is not supported by anything else right now. Sony says that their software (Sony vegas7) will be updated for the SR1 sometime in early Spring..... not a cheap program though.... $500.

Sony Vegas Movie Studio is cheaper ($130) but I am not sure if they will be updating that one for AVCHD.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you do a "copy & paste" to camcorder's blank hard drive from archive files previously copied, everything appears to get put back onto drive just as before, however, camcorder doesn't see the video etc. files. So, you can't play anything off of camcorder's drive. You apparently always? have to use Sony's Picture Motion Browser program to restore stuff to camcorder's HD to play it back. Their program is "slow" they say because it has to restore the "management information" along with the video.

The restoring process is painfully slow. I have to restore any high def. stuff to see it again played back in high def on my HDTV monitor.

Wish there was some way around the very slow restore process

David

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhittman /forum/post/0

Using Sony's Picture Motion Browser prog., it seems to take FOREVER to transfer video files from my PC back to hard disk on the camcorder, so that they can be played and viewed. Sony's program calls this process "importing" video files.

Is there a quicker way to copy archived HD video files to the camcorder so that they can be played back from the camera to an HDTV monitor?

Just copying the video files from the archived file folder on my PC to the HDR-SR1's hard disk doesn't work. The camcorder doesn't see, or know where to find the video files if you just do a "copy and Paste" procedure from PC to the camcorder's hard drive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.