AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

i have spent a lot of times over the internet and in my user guide but not found the solution to my problem.

I just bought the sony hdr-sr11 today...after a few tests outside i was really impressed about the quality of the video.

I have decided to go inside (downstairs) with low light setup to see if the quality is still good...

I have realized that the video is not good...i can see the grain in the picture and it's very dark.....

the camera is in the FULL HD mode.

i have decided to switch the button to Nightshot ON....the screen came GREEN !!....... i really don't know what to do...

What can i do to resolve this...

I going on vacation next week to punta cana and i want to film the show at late night...

Please help...

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
1. The grainy picture on the low light situation is normal if you had very low amount of light. The SR11 does actually better than the average HD camcorders in inside light, but if there's simply not enough light, just like any other camcorders, it will have a lot of grain. Solution for your basement: make sure you have enough lighting or get a camera light.

2. The nightshot is supposed to be green, as it's capturing infrared (just like night googles). That's totally normal. If you would prefer black and white output instead of the traditional green, you can apply the monochrome video option (works in normal mode too).

If you plan to film a show, I suggest you get familiarized with the AE modes (aka "Scene Selection"). There are quite a few that will give you a better response than automatic for a show, namely Twilight, Candle, Sunrise&Sunset, Fireworks and Spotlight. The last one is IMHO the one I would try first for a concert or a show. Those AE modes will probably reduce the exposure a little bit so that your blacks aren't too noisy and that the shotlights won't overbloom.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts