AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay

I finally was able to import my video captured on my Sony HDR-XR200V to sony Vegas 8.0c (Thanks to everyone's help), but now I am having a lot of difficulty rendering it. I have about 8 hours of vacation tape and I want to add titles and edit it, then use Sony Architect 5.0 to create a menu. I have a blu-ray DVD player and an LG blu-ray Disc burner/rewriter on my computer. The software that comes with the Sony is the picture Motion Browswer (which I tried and gives quality video, but does not allow to add titles, text etc, only simple editing and a very simple menu). I found some threads regarding something similiar from Markm75 with lots of tests that he tried, but I am new at this and for some info, I didn't quite understand. Based on what I could glean from him..I have been trying tests of my own and here's what has been happening:

Test 1 Render AS Sony AVC (format m2ts); Default template with custom changes as follows: Project-best, Video tab: frame size 1920x1080-60i, box checked for allow source to adjust, coding CABAC with bitrate 29 NTSC; Audio tab: AAC 3/2 LCR enable LFE

Results: Rendering froze and crashed

Test2: Render AS Sony AVC (format m2ts); Blu-ray template 1920x1081-60i, 16mps with custom changes as follows: Project-best

Results: Error Report occured and wouldn't render

Test 3: Render AS Sony AVC (format m2ts); Default template with custom changes as follows: Project-best, Video tab: frame size 1920x1080-60i, box checked for allow source to adjust, coding CABAC with bitrate 16,000,000bps ; Audio tab: AAC 3/2 LCR enable LFE, 256,000bps

Result" started to ender. got as far as 25% and ther stopped rendering stating a problem had been encountered.

Please help..I must be doing something wrong...? My computer is powerful enough (I think) I have a HP with 2 Quad CPU [email protected] GHz, memory 6142 MB RAM, NVIDIA Geforce 9500GS card, 2 HD C: 750GB abd 2nd drive which I render to 500GB. Drives are a little less thatn half full. Running Windows Vista Home Premium x64I

Guess I am looking for exactly what settings I should be using that will work with Architect and not re-encode.

Thanks for any help someone can give me!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay Bigbarney, I will take a look and try to follow how to adjust some of the settings for memmory.

I tried a short piece of video using Sony AVC and the blu-ray template and it worked; however, when compared the the same video created by PMB, it was not as good. There was some "shake"/movement in the clips which was not there with PMB. Unless there is another setting which will give me identical results, I guess I will have to stick with PMB. Does anyone know of a program that can create titles that I might be able to add ot PMB or does it use its own unique settings?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I downloaded the vegas pro 9.0 trial and tried it, would I use the same workflow/settings that i tried as stated in above post where my end result was a bit of studder/shake or what settings would you recommend?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.