AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a Sony VPL VW12HT, it came with gamma adjustment software, can anyone tell me what this is or how to use it. also do you have any advice on setting up a projector any do's and don't's. Thanks Redhouse.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is anybody out there.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Redhouse over younder.

Any relation ? Just kidding, but with the Fender (?) might you be a Jimi Hendrix fan?

I know nothing about gamma adjustment, sorry.

Where is Coloma? I live in Essexville a suburb of Bay City.

Allan

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pipelion,

That's where my baby stays, I got a bad, bad feeling she don't live here no more. That's alright, I still got my guitar. Hendrix fan-- if you only knew. Big time. Coloma is so small but I live out side down town coloma 4 miles.

Martin Butler, what is a ISF calibration?

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To answer your ? Coloma is just outside St. Joesph and Benton Harbor

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Hi Redhouse. ISF is an organization that trains technicians to properly calibrate video display devices. It stands for " Imaging Science Foundation". In most areas there is a registered ISF technician. I located a link for you: http://www.imagingscience.com/. Many of the most experienced and respected people involved in home electronics are involved with ISF.

By the way, long story short, I was once given a beautiful custom made leather poncho that belonged to Jimi Hendrix and get this... was foolish enough to give it to a fiance` that I never married.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info and the link, Wow the poncho do you have any idea what something like that is worth, if it could have been prov-en to be a once owned by Jimi. Guys like me who collect rear Rock and Roll stuff would have paid a small fortune to you for that. The Guitar I am holding in my picture is a Jimi Hendrix guitar once owned by him I picked it up 15 years ago from his family. I have all kinds of posters show bills and alike from Jimi, SRV and many more. My Home Theater is all dressed up in Rock and Roll art work. Anyway Thanks again. Redhouse

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Good luck with the pj Redhouse.

When I was 18 I had a band that signed to Mercury Records. The husband of our manager was one of Hendrix's manager's. I was introduced to Mitch Mitchell at a party in their loft, and he walked me into a small room with a rack filled with beautiful clothing and said "pick something", they were all Jimi's, I took a mustard colored, fringed, with hand carvings on it poncho, because it fit me.

Sure wish I'd kept it, don't think I'd have ever sold it.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow that's a once in a life time thing to have happen! The poncho, I wouldn't have sold either, but I sure would be bugging you for it. Your Band, what do you play? or do you sing? what kind of music and do you still play now. I have been in and out of a few bands but never signed or anything. I play Blues now with a group of guys we play every once in a while in Chicago.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Redhouse,

Down the street you can hear a screem "you're a disgrace" as she slams the door in his drunkun face.... and the niegbors start to gossip and drool

Well I'm happy I guessed your M.O.

Jimi was one of the most talented musicians of the 20th century. Untold hours I've spent listening to his great works.

That's not only a Fender, but was owned by Jimi ... very cool ...

Looked up on the MI map , wow, your all most to Gary, ID from here.

Enjoy the Sony , hope you get it dailed in. I looked at 3 Sony HS10s in Detroit Yesterday. Am waiting to see the HS20.

Allan

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's cool meeting Jimi fans who are into Home Theater. I was glad to see billboard got there 100 greatest guitarist with Jimi as number one but the rest of the list is all screwed up. I would have put SRV as number 2. I have been trying for years to get Stevie's family to sell me one of his guitars but no luck thier not as cool as Jimi's about fans hounding them to buy stuff.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Have you tried to find an ISF technician yet?

IMO Jimi Hendrix is deserving of a number one spot, but SRV isn't deserving of being #2. That's not to say he wasn't a fantastic, deeply soulful guitar player, he was. It's just that he wasn't original, as Hendrix was. Hendrix went where others hadn't, SRV refined and honored the blues rock genre. One definition of greatness in music is that the person/persons create a new form of music, and SRV didn't, may he rest in peace.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I found 2 guys in my area who do the ISF, but thier busy and since they didn't build my Theater they both said I would have to what till they slow down in a few months or so. I called one other place out here and they said I was to far away from them. I live in the country and getting anyone to come out for this stuff is proving to be a pain, even to buy my gear I drive 40 miles. Country life!

Who should be #2?

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Hi Redhouse, I suggest start another thread entitled something like: Need help, ISF unavailable in my area... you get the idea

If you have to wait, I guarantee you'll think it was worth it. The ISF training is pretty extensive.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you Martin, I took your advice and posted a new thread with a screen shot. Let's see what happens. And I'm stiil looking for your #2. Redhouse

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.