AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive seen someone put up a crt projector for sale.

The cabinet says "Sony Hi-Resolution 900".

Does anyone have any specs on this projector coz i couldnt find any on curt palmes site or projector specs australia.

·
Registered
18,506 Posts
It's the same as the 722 or the 1020. Very old, video only, SD 130 tubes.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
High-Resolution!!!!!*

* for 1984

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have the 1020.

Don't waste your time and get yourself something that really will do high resolution.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thnx for your time and info.

I was thinking about refurbising an vph 1031qm i have lying around for spare parts,

but now i think i will wait a while till i can afford a projector that has 8 inch tubes or 9 inch..

this "hiresolution 900" would provide me with a red and a green tube for the 1031 , but after seeing 540p i got curious what 720p and 1080p would look like on a crt projector.

·
Registered
558 Posts
My first projector was a 1020, which may be the same unit. It said "high resolution 900" on the top of the chassis, but I never understood where the 900 came from - it certainly would not resolve 900 lines or anything.

I got mine for free from a friend who's dad brought it home from work. They couldn't get it to 'work' but I was able to set it up pretty easily. It had a bunch of resistors to set the convergence.

I used it from '94 till '99 when I upgraded to a D50. At the time it was fine, had a better picture than any other 'big screen' tv I saw and never had any problems. I built RGB video adapter cables for the PS2 and Xbox that were kind of fun projects and they made the games look really good - it still was 480i but was way way better on RGBHV than composite.

These days, I wouldn't think it would be worth anyone's while to bother with it. Video only is pretty sad.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.