AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
203 Posts
I'm wondering how this would compare to using a projector. I was planning to buy the Optoma GT750, but this seems cool and also seems like it would offer a very immersive experience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
984 Posts
It's a different experience compare to projector. If you have spouse/girlfriend that watch movie together than get a projector. I'm more interested into 3D gaming with head tracking with HMD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,119 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by David H. /forum/post/20891339


I'm wondering how this would compare to using a projector. I was planning to buy the Optoma GT750, but this seems cool and also seems like it would offer a very immersive experience.

The resulting image is equivalent to a 750" screen viewed from 20m away, giving a 45 degree viewing angle.


With OLED panels, motion handling, contrast and gradation should be close to perfect.


It's only 720p but if it lives up to the specs/claims made by Sony, it will be better than any projector experience pretty much anyone has in their home, though it will be limited to one person and you're potentially going to be stuck with crappy headphones. (hopefully they can be removed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjyap /forum/post/20892499


I'm more interested into 3D gaming with head tracking with HMD.

Zeiss offers head tracking with their Cinemizer OLED, which is a cheaper, smaller and more portable system:



The downside is that the virtual image is a 45" screen at 2m. (28 degree FOV)

If you play PC games, I'm sure you can probably get TrackIR working with either though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
266 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronoptimist /forum/post/20894431


Zeiss offers head tracking with their Cinemizer OLED, which is a cheaper, smaller and more portable system:

Its quite obvious he is using track IR on hit baseball cap
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top