AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an ATI 9000 card that has dual outputs (VGA and DVI).

At 1368x768 resolution at 56Hz, instead of getting a 16:9 full screen, I get only a 4:3 screen that scrolls horizontally.

I used the timing given here

1368x768p=1368,56,144,216,768,1,11,23,80285,3094

and I also made sure that the monitor resolution is not limited. I have set the monitors (under device manager) to be both Sony GDM-W900

I have tried 3 different versions of drivers (Catalyst 2.3, 2.4 and 3.2) but have the same issue. Everything was working perfectly (I had 1:1 pixel mapping at 1366x768 for almost 3 years) until recently when something went wrong.

I believe I am running in clone mode as Identify shows monitor 1 for both. In windows display properties it shows the 1. as Multiple monitors and 2 as default monitor. I have also tried double clicking the display icon in power strip to remove caps on the monitor.

1. What is causing the horizontal scrolling?

2. What are the list of things I should try to get this to work.

I had the HS-10 working for both 1366x768 and 1368x768 in full 16:9 at one time.

I did notice that in powerstrip the active pixels when I go to custom resolutions show only 1024 when it originally had accepted 1366. It is like it reverts to 1024. Total lines are shown as 1366. I would really appreciate your help. I have spent several hours over the weekend trying to fix this issue.

Thanks,

-Jai

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JDLIVE,

Thanks for the pointer. I know there is extensive information out there and I have searched long and hard. One thing that is becoming clear is that the issue I am having is that it is creating a virtual desktop (becuase my desktop scrolls). The solution seems to be that I have to specify the monitor correctly which I have already tried.

I even tried a custom monitor that supports 1366x768. I think what I need is very specific information on what exactly needs to be specified when creating the custom monitor.

Should it be 1366x768 or 1368x768. Also, should it be 56Hz precisely and not anything larger?

After creating the custom monitor, should powerstrip be uninstalled and reinstalled to take effect? How should the .ini file be changed?

I hope I am getting closer to the solution.

Thanks,

-Jai

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.