AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
It used to be in the 2-3k section, but now they only have a DLP there. Who knows why; they seem to do some odd things from time to time, like stating that pj x has heaps better black level than pj y even though they sold off pj y 3 months before pj x arrived in their labs.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
The HS10 is a terrible, terrible projector. Stay away at all costs! ;)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JPinTO
The HS10 is a terrible, terrible projector. Stay away at all costs! ;)
That's a bit strong, why would u say this

In the words of Laura Ingles "Nellie Olsen, you take that back!" :D

Conor

·
Registered
308 Posts
He was joking :)

Quote:
Originally posted by Irish_Comer
That's a bit strong, why would u say this

In the words of Laura Ingles "Nellie Olsen, you take that back!" :D

Conor

·
Registered
390 Posts
ProjectorCentral recently posted an article where they claimed there was no clear favorite between the Infocus X1 and the Panasoic AE300. Their reviews and recommendations are almost completely worthless.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew_B
ProjectorCentral recently posted an article where they claimed there was no clear favorite between the Infocus X1 and the Panasoic AE300. Their reviews and recommendations are almost completely worthless.
I don't get it. Between the X1 and the AE300 is one clearly better? And I don't mean clearly better to your eyes, but clearly better for everybody here.

--Darin

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by darinp
I don't get it. Between the X1 and the AE300 is one clearly better? And I don't mean clearly better to your eyes, but clearly better for everybody here.

--Darin
The X1 is clearly better Mondays-Thursdays... The Ae300 is better clearly, Sat& Sun. Both are superior on Fridays.

At least that's how I read this article: http://www.projectorcentral.com/l300_x1.htm

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
All Joking aside---

It really seems like projectorcentral is wowed by the TW100H (priced above the HS10) and the AE300 (priced below the HS10).

They comment that the HS10 isn't really worth paying extra money for (essentially ignoring resolution & extra brightness and focusing on PQ) over the AE100. Also, they claim that the TW100H is worth the extra $'s over the HS10.

So, I guess that leaves the HS10 off of the list of recommendations.

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by JPinTO
The X1 is clearly better Mondays-Thursdays... The Ae300 is better clearly, Sat& Sun. Both are superior on Fridays.

At least that's how I read this article: http://www.projectorcentral.com/l300_x1.htm
Are people upset because the review didn't say that one of them was clearly superior in all cases? I still don't get it. If they had said something like that I would have thought that they were idiots who shouldn't be writing about the pros and cons of different projectors anymore. I've owned the AE300 and seen the X1 a few times. There is no way that either is superior in every way to the other. They each have their strengths and weaknesses compared to the other. I thought the article spelled some of those out pretty well.

--Darin

·
Registered
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrew_B
I don't mean of offend anyone here, but it sounds like some of you are looking for other people to make a decision for you when you demand an article to declare which one is better.

I always thought we read article, read the forums... to get information and facts. From what we've learn, we would make our own decisions - and live with the consequences.

In that regard, the projectorcentral's article has accomplished the mission. It gave us a lot of information. What we do with the information is our responsibility. It is odd to ask others to make a purchase decision - or any other decision - for us.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
I understand what Darin and River are saying. My comments were based on the comparison of 2 matchups that PJC did, the Panny 300 vs. HS10 and then the Panny 300 vs. X1. My problem is that I think the 300 and HS10 are incredibly similar in picture quality and PJC leaned heavily in favor of the Panny, seeming to pick a winner. Then with the Panny vs. X1 review, which have significant differences, it's all equal ups and downs.

I actually think both reviews should have been more like the second. We're all spending too much time here and need to get a life. So I'm going to stop writing now and go talk to people in person :)

·
Registered
707 Posts
Personally I stopped reading that (Biased?!) site months ago. Instead I come hear and read elses thoughts. Another reason I stopped going their was because I am perfectly content with my HS10 (was until I sent it in for repairs that is). And I don't need any reason to upgrade for a long time.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Why on earth would you say that PJC is biased, useless or worthless? Just because it refuses to declare the L300U superior to the X1?

Or perhaps because you bought a HS10 and now feel like a chump?

Get over it. It's not like this forum will give you a clear cut winner either. Much of what I see here is consistent with PJC's reviews, but scattered throughout dozens of threads. In the L300U vs. X1, PJC simply listed the pros and cons of each and concluded that the the proper choice depended on the buyer's priorities and budget. PJC's reviews are well written and organized, and I put a lot of stock in their opinions, especially when corroborated with the stuff I read here.

My advice to recent purchasers of any projector: Quit reading the reviews after you make your purchase, unless you're planning to upgrade. Stick to the threads dealing with tweaks.

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Lurker, thanks. But no one really asked for your advice. BTW, insulting folks and telling them to get over it is always great advice. :)

And if you can't figure it out, the reason that PJC's reviews might be considered biased is because they obviously make money by connecting consumers with retailers. So saying something bad about a certain pj would upset a retailer that uses their site for business. Surely you were smart enough to figure that out on your own, right?

Please continue lurking instead of posting.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by jacksonian
I understand what Darin and River are saying. My comments were based on the comparison of 2 matchups that PJC did, the Panny 300 vs. HS10 and then the Panny 300 vs. X1. My problem is that I think the 300 and HS10 are incredibly similar in picture quality and PJC leaned heavily in favor of the Panny, seeming to pick a winner. Then with the Panny vs. X1 review, which have significant differences, it's all equal ups and downs.
The 300 vs HS10 is comparing apples to apples. It's easier to pick a winner.

300 vs X1 is apples to oranges. It really depends on what troubles you more: eyestrain and rainbows or lower contrast.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.