Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I looked at the HS10, AE300 and HT1000 today.

Some points:-

I liked the higher resolution of the HS10 and HT1000 over the AE300.

The HT1000 had better black and contrast that both the other two. As you would expect for a DLP.

I disliked the rainbow effect and very poor SVHS input on the HT1000 (component input was OK).

So for the money I think that I will go for the Sony HS10.

I am unsure about a couple of thing and was wondering if someone here could please answer.

1. I was told that the HS10 cable suplied will accept both component and RGB, is this corect? As I have a DVD player with only RGB (combined sync).

2. I was also told that there are some issues with HDTV 1020i (720p is OK), does this sound correct?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Hi Caranick,

Firstly, the supplied cable will accept composite, s-video and component only, not RGB. There is an RGB (PC) cable available, for around AUD$120 extra.

Secondly, some users have reported that the Aussie DGTEC HD boxes don't play well with the HS10 on 1080i, so take that as true. JSP recently started a thread with more specific answers so do a search and that should help.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Oh - I think I may have been giving out incorrect information - I was under the impression that the multi cable supplied with the HS10 would in fact provide either RGB (sync on green) *OR* Component as well as s-video and composite video...

I thought the extra cable (not supplied) was for a PC VGA (RGB) connection....???

as they say - 'when all else fails - RTFM'

Now where's that HS10 manual of mine....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The DGTEC issue seems very strange, I think that one user reported that his problem was caused by the AV amp, and that direct connection worked!

I might rethink the RGB cable, perhaps I should put the $120 towards a new DVD player. Anyone know of a good multizone player for around $500, to match the HS10?

Oh yeh, and does anyone know if the glass CC40 filter is available around Melbourne?

Thanks again guys for your help.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by caranick
I disliked the rainbow effect and very poor SVHS input on the HT1000 (component input was OK).
Why do you call it very poor?

-Dylan

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I wasn't expecting this problem.

We had both the HT1000 and a HS10 side by side, both connected via SVHS to a DVD player.

The player was paused on a scene with detail in both dark areas and very light areas.

The light area on the sony was good and all the detail could be seen, but on the nec is was just white with no detail.

Well, much time was spent in the menus of the nec in an attempt to correct the problem.

But in the end I suggested to try a component connection, and the problem was fixed. The detail i the light area was close to equal with the sony.

From that I am (perhaps incorectly) assuming the the nec input was being overdriven. Where the sony had no problems with the same signal.

Perhaps in real life with a better DVD player the problem may not exist!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.