AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am still waiting on my replacement unit (discussed in another thread) and I am really curious as to what "Full Through" actually does. I will be using a PC and want to do 1:1 - or get close anyway.

According to the manual, it presents the image in the center of the screen. Exactly what does this mean? Will you get a smaller image for any given throw distance compared to the "Full" mode. The manual is a bit confusing on this point and I am dying to get all this figured out.

Thanks for any help.

C. Ryan

·
Registered
144 Posts
That is exactly what happens. On my 92" full through without HTPC adds literally a 20" border around the entire picture. I loose half my viewing size. In order to correct this I would have to zoom way in to bring the picture in closer. What i have noticed in my setup is that zoomed in full through looks like crap, gets blury and I loose a lot of detail.

·
Registered
8,007 Posts
I believe that Full Through means that the PJ passes the signal pixel for pixel in the 16x9 mode. Since DVD contains only 720x480 pixels the image displays in the center of the 1366x768 window of the PJ. Full through gives you the best results when using a HTPC outputting the same resolution through a DVI connection as the PJ.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahh-HA! That makes sense - and so simple! Thank you for your response!

So basically it fills out from the center going to the res you provide. Cool.

Thank you again.

C. Ryan

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I agree with Tom. And, if you think about it, this leads to an interesting point about 1:1 pixel mapping. Since some scaling is done to get the image to 848x480 or 960x540 or 1280x720 or whatever panel resolution, we really aren't being precise when referring to 1:1 mapping.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Now... the challenge is to get an HTPC to use the true full resolution of the projector, not the current record of (as to my knowledge) 1368x768 at 1:1... Those 20 unused pixels on top and bottom and 20 on each side compute to could give us (by my calculations) 4% more pixels than 1368x768 and therefore 4% more brightness and 4% less screen door effect (at same screen sizes).

I haven't yet tried hard, but the two or three rezzes above 1368x768 I tried didn't get recognized by the projector.

However, I read yesterday that this one might work (1.3% better):

Powerstrip >> 1376x774=1376,72,144,216,774,1,3,23,82451,1

I'll have to try it.

Odi

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Be sure to report back your results. Are you using a DVI cable from what video card? I will be playing with this myself in a few days using a 9600 pro. So are all of these resolutions giving a frequency of 56hz?

Thanks,

C. Ryan

·
Registered
197 Posts
Well.. I have had no success getting anything better than 1368x768.

I think, like Softengr, this is the resolution I will stick to.

(I'm using a Matrox Parhelia..)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.