AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
Epson 5040UB projector, Denon 6300, 7.1.4 setup, M&K THX speakers and SVS subwoofer
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used HS20, U.S. model, is still under 2-year warranty period, was purchased from a Sony authorized retailer (Frys Electronics) but Sony is stating the warranty on the HS20 isn't transferrable. I've owned many Sony projectors and if this is true it's news to me that they changed their policy for the HS20.

The person I bought the projector from doesn't have the warranty card but I do have the purchase receipt.

Can someone who has an HS20 U.S. warranty card please let me know what it says about transfer of warranty? When I go to Sony's website and file a service request it has a link to a warranty but states it's a generic Sony warranty description, not necessarily the correct VPLHS20 warranty. so that's pretty useless.

The projector has the famous intermittent problem whereby it sometimes fails to fire up the lamp and the 'Lamp/Cover' light flashes.

Thanks!

·
Registered
412 Posts
In general, I don't think Sony allows a transfer of warranty. If you have the original receipt, though, it shouldn't be an issue getting warranty service. When you call them to get it fixed, they will generate a work order number. You will be instructed to send it the unit with a copy of the original receipt. The main thing they are interested in is the date when it was purchased. If needed, you can black out any credit card information on the receipt.

Now, if you have already called them and told them the projector serial number and you name is in the system as non-warranty...well...then you might have an issue.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.