AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 807 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Based on the given 16cm physical width... extrapolating the sattalite size i am guessing its 6.5cm / 2.5"?

But its a square / rectangle?... not a traditional round circle... hmm... not sure how warm it will sound...

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
That's a huge nope on so many levels.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
which part? the sound quality?
The wireless, the tiny drivers, the trying to convince people that you can just place your speakers anywhere in the room, the lack of a proper centre channel, the fact that you can't really get Atmos with those speakers...

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the lack of an actual centre is a draw point for me cos i dont want one... for asthetic reasons... hahaha

But yes the size of that sattelite is sus.... BUT...its a square... so maybe it can perfom as well as a 3 / 4" lol

yes i also believe there is no way to get a proper atmos with that but... i not looking for that anyway lol

·
Registered
251 Posts
The wireless, the tiny drivers, the trying to convince people that you can just place your speakers anywhere in the room, the lack of a proper centre channel, the fact that you can't really get Atmos with those speakers...
They do have upward firing drivers so technically out of the box this is a 4.0.4 “Dolby Enabled Speaker” Atmos system bouncing sound off the ceiling, not a “virtual height up mixer” only using ear level speakers - for what it’s worth. You can also use certain Sony TVs (like the A80J) as a center channel, and add a wireless sub to make it a 5.1.4 system. Seems better than a sound bar to me, but I agree with the problems of small drivers and possible wireless latency/sync issues, not to mention the steep price.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They do have upward firing drivers so technically out of the box this is a 4.0.4 “Dolby Enabled Speaker” Atmos system bouncing sound off the ceiling, not a “virtual height up mixer” only using ear level speakers - for what it’s worth. You can also use certain Sony TVs (like the A80J) as a center channel, and add a wireless sub to make it a 5.1.4 system. Seems better than a sound bar to me, but I agree with the problems of small drivers and possible wireless latency/sync issues, not to mention the steep price.
by now the wireless bandwidth and speed not too bad anymore.... they now can delay the video playback to match the wireless audio.... apple tv itslef have such a built in feature... need an iphone to listen on the delay

i can never hear upward firing atmos it seems gimmicky to me lol.... even if the ceiling is solid concrete.... i dun see how it can me isolated enough go give the listener a sense that its actually coming from there... wont you hear it coming from the speaker itself first?

however spartial sounds supposed do it differently... so i am very interested to hear how it gives a sense of direction

·
Registered
23,725 Posts
not bad the way they designed the ad
If you have trouble distinguishing between the professional/systematic lying that ADVERTISING is based on, versus the simple and unyielding laws of physics,
you are just going to end up massively overpaying for tiny, cute little speakers and pseudo-subs that sound like crap.

Sorry, reality is what it is. :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im hoping they sont sound like crap lol

i tried the sonos arc, bose 650, samsung 950, heos ht, all not good enough to upgrade 🙈

·
Registered
23,725 Posts
i tried the sonos arc, bose 650, samsung 950, heos ht, all not good enough to upgrade 🙈
Of course not, those "lifestyle speakers" are just toys for people with more money than sense.

If you want decent sound, your speakers need to be roughly this size at minimum:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Of course not, those "lifestyle speakers" are just toys for people with more money than sense.

If you want decent sound, your speakers need to be roughly this size at minimum:
View attachment 3158994
Yup mine is now a 2.1 system 4” woofers… but I was hoping this spacial technology can trick my ears into feeling a better effect than what I have now ahhahaha

·
Registered
23,725 Posts
Yup mine is now a 2.1 system 4” woofers… but I was hoping this spacial technology can trick my ears into feeling a better effect than what I have now ahhahaha
No.

You're better off spending $100-200 on a good pair of headphones.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
No.

You're better off spending $100-200 on a good pair of headphones.
Oh ya I am hopeful because they have 8mics listening on each other in the room as opposed to the usual single mic in the center

that might suggest the so called spacial technology they are using is processing the sound wave lengths and skewing the tones to achieve something different from the norm we are used to

sort of like how some of the sound bars modify the wavelength to create the virtual surround but this time it’s modded and more complex firing in 8 angles and mapping and auto tuning with 8 mics

1 - 20 of 807 Posts