AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone compared these two sounrbars? Any inputs are appreciated. They are within around the same price range on Amazon. Reviews are also mixed.

I also found Yamaha YHT-S401BL, which seems to be a newer and upgraded version from S400, which cost $200 more. Dose it worth it?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just bought my SONY ht-ct150 recently. It is great. I love it. It has tons of inputs. I have my roku xs, xtreamer, satellite receiver and desktop pc all connecting to it. I love the fact that is doesn't require a receiver which reduces the amount of wiring. All you need to do is connect your devices to the subwoofer and then one cable from the subwoofer to the soundbar. Very clean. Another nice thing is the unit can turn itself on/off automatically depending on if there is anything playing.

This is my first soundbar. I don't have experience with others. You can find a lot of good ht-ct150 reviews at crutchfield's website.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have tested both systems and ultimately kept the S400 for aesthetic reason. I did not like the standing sub-woofer on the CT150. The advantage of the CT150 is that it supports ARC, which is important for me. Both systems sound great and you can't go wrong with either. I'll eventually get the S401 when it drops in price, but for now, I'm happy with the S400.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts