AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a this soundbar but when watching certain tv shows, the sound cuts out for 1/2 second at the beginning of each line of a conversation, unless there's background noise.

It sounds like the soundbar briefly goes into standby or starts searching for other signals if there's even a second of silence, then takes a moment to kick back in.

Is there any way to stop this. It's making some shows unwatchable!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks for replying.

I have it connected to my TV with an optical cable. I don't have effects or anything like that turned on.

·
Registered
20 Posts

i had my samsung hw f450 connected to the tv via the tvs optical out and i had an annoying blip noise randomly happening. I since bought a cheap optical switch and have all my devices connected vis their own optical outs to the switch then straight into the soundbar. i havent had any issues since. i know alot of people dont reccomend the cheaper optical switches you operate manually but mine seems fine.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
If you follow Yan's advice and connect your devices to the soundbar via switcher, let us know if this resolves the issue. This sounds as if there is an issue with either the TV's optical output or the input on the soundbar.

If the soundbar persists in dropping audio, then you know it is the soundbar that is not functioning correctly. If your component direct to the soundbar resolves the issue, you know it is the sound bar.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Thanks for your replies.

After a bit more tinkering I think I've established that problem is with the sound bar, not the TV. If I connect the sound bar to my PS3 directly I have the same problem. I'm going to take your advice and get a cheap switch to see if that fixes the problem. Just so I'm sure, is this the sort of thing you're suggesting? Link

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I purchased the switch I linked to in my previous post and it made no difference. I'm out of ideas now. 

Just thought I'd update in case anyone else is having this problem and to see if anyone else has any suggestions before I return the sound bar.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello I just got this sound bar on 4/12/14 and I am having the exact same problem. It is only happening on sky during the adverts after a brief pause in sound. It cuts off anything between 1 to 3 words of the beginning of the next sentence. Did you return it in the end? I have exhausted every avenue to try an resolve this and I am now on the verge of returning it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.