AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looking for opinions on which HTIB is better. I am not looking for something top notch, since the room that I will be using it in isn't that big. Both of these systems have basically the same features I believe, and in a similar price range. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
804 Posts
I voted with the onkyo mostly because sony htibs are worth next to nothing. Question though if quality isnt a concern then why are you getting an audio system? No negative connotation to it just simply curious

·
Registered
804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandM
Don't walk away from the Sony - RUN!!!!
Better yet steal a high-end sports car and speed away.

·
Registered
8,712 Posts
Forget the 580 and go for the 570, powered sub.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Voted for Onkyo

However,

Radioshack got the Onkyo 8230 (same as Onkyo s570) for $199 with 10% off if you sign up for their credit card

The Sony ddw670 is always on sale in Fry's. I got this system new for $150 2 weeks ago, but already returned... wanna go with Onkyo

BUT

You may still consider the Yamaha yht-150 or yht-160

·
Registered
804 Posts
Is it painfully obvious yet?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Temple
Forget the 580 and go for the 570, powered sub.

when they upgraded to the 580, they took away the powered sub? why? is it a big difference?

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by agresbach
when they upgraded to the 580, they took away the powered sub? why? is it a big difference?
Because it's cheaper to produce. A passive sub is going to sound very weak and have trouble producing LFE, leading to a disappointing listening experience.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Avoid passive subs like the plague. That pretty much rules out all of Sony's HTIB offerings.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.