AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of buying this Sony HT-DDW790 Home Theater System. I've got a PS3 and a Full HD TV.

I was wonderung how i have to plug the Ps3 in and still be able to watch things at 1080p. The HT-DDW790 has 2 HDMI-In and 1 HDMI-Out, but it says it can only Display up to 1080i, it has also got a optical-In. Can I just plug the PS3 in my TV via HDMI and let the Sound go throught the Reciever via Optical?

As this is my first post a can't post a URL, the full Specs of the HT-DDW790 are on the sony.ch Website under :Home Entertainment und HiFi -> Heimkino-Systeme -> HT-DDW790

Can anybody help me please, I really don't know anything about these things...

·
Registered
9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by darth_miki /forum/post/12946478

I am thinking of buying this Sony HT-DDW790 Home Theater System. I've got a PS3 and a Full HD TV.

I was wonderung how i have to plug the Ps3 in and still be able to watch things at 1080p. The HT-DDW790 has 2 HDMI-In and 1 HDMI-Out, but it says it can only Display up to 1080i, it has also got a optical-In. Can I just plug the PS3 in my TV via HDMI and let the Sound go throught the Reciever via Optical?

As this is my first post a can't post a URL, the full Specs of the HT-DDW790 are on the sony.ch Website under :Home Entertainment und HiFi -> Heimkino-Systeme -> HT-DDW790

Can anybody help me please, I really don't know anything about these things...

I know it's been a while since this was posted, but Sony HT-DDW790 does not have any HDMI inputs. It does have the single optical in and yes, you can plug the PS3 into the TV and the sound into the optical. It just requires a few extra clicks in the PS3's setup menus.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts