AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really having a hard time making this decision. I'm a Sony junkie and the obsessive compulsive in me won't allow me to consider anything else, lol.

With that being said, this setup will be my primary home theater system. My TV is the 40XBR6, but I'm torn between the three options in my title. I'm really leaning toward the BDP-S560 and the HT-SS360 combo because I really like the idea of having WiFi and if one piece breaks, I can replace it instead of having to replace the entire unit.

If any of you own any of the HTIBs mentioned above or the standalone and the surround system, what would you say are the pros and cons of each system? The E500W is by far the most expensive choice. The other two are pretty competitively priced.

PS - I'm prepared to order immediately, but would like to gather opinions first. Unfortunately, no stores around me carry these units, so I can't try them out in person.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After thinking it over today, the wireless rear speakers just aren't that important to me. The WiFi, on the other hand, is. I'll most likely give it a little more thought before ordering, but I'm now leaning heavily toward the standalone bd player paired with the surround system.

I'd still like to hear from owners though, so feel free to share your opinion of the 3 options I posted.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I like your idea to separate things as much as possible. I have to smack my 3 month old BD player to get it to stop vibrating sometimes, then it works great. I can't imagine having to deal with my entire HT system because of a problem with a disk player.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm starting to have some reservations about the HT-SS360. Right now, the XBR is in my bedroom and until I graduate from uni in December, get a job, and move out of my parents' house, that's where it's going to stay. I don't even have a DVD player in my room right now, so I definitely need some sort of DVD or Blu-Ray player ASAP and the BDP-S560 looks like the clear winner in that category. Anyway, when the time comes that I have my own place, I'm not so sure I'll be happy with the HT-SS360, so I'm now exploring the possibility of building a surround system around the STR-DN1000 receiver. Thoughts?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts