AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi -

Looking for some assistance if at all possible. Had my Sat Box and PS3 hooked up to a sony HT-SS370 via HDMI then output via HDMI back to a Bravia TV. Everything was working great. Then one day the HT-SS370 will no longer output any audio or video. When I hook both the sat box and PS3 directly to the TV I get a perfectly good connection. There may have been an extended power loss or some other event but I am not specifically aware of anything. No settings were changed (unless my wife started wildly hitting buttons). Any ideas on how I can get this thing working again? Pretty frustrated after fiddling with it for way too long.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK. It took me a while but I finally have time to get back to this. I have tried a number of things. All HDMI cables working fine with direct connections from PS3 and DirectTV tuner to TV working well. The TV recognizes that external speakers are connected once the sony system is connected but no audio or video. The bravia sync feature works in that the TV will signal the receiver to turn on and off with the TV. I get audio with the Tuner function of the receiver. Sony tech support thinks its bad HDMI ports on the receiver and wants me to send it in for servicing. $119 is almost as much as the system costs...anyone have ideas?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.