AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

ive got the SS370 model and was looking at the SS380 model.

connected to the SS370:

ive got a sony BDP s780 player

a panna 50 in GT model tv with 3D

ps3

im reading the 380 model has 3D feature? im not really finding a good explanation for what this means actually.

would love to hear some feedback on if the 380 is worth it over the 370 model?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm having trouble remembering what the 380 gains, but I know what it lost compared to the 370...

1. 370 supported Sony's wireless s-air speaker system- 380 does not. Not a huge deal since you can't seem to get much s-air parts these days.

2. Tuner in 370 can do AM and FM. Tuner in 380 only does FM.

3. 370 has one more analog input than the 380 does.

As to upgrades over 370, I think it boils down to new decoders for blu-ray audio formats, 3d pass thru, and the iPod dock is included. Honestly, if you want the iPod dock, that alone goes for around $80 new, and might be worth the price for the 380 even with the 370 discounted.

The speakers that come with both, though- pretty bad, at least as far as TV and music goes.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
der,

thank you so much for your feedback.

the only thing that i was interested in was the "3D" pas through! obviously im missing something as i had a bdp-s770 connected to this system going to a panna 50 inch GT 3D tv.. since the 370 was not 3D pass through i wonder what i was missing?

i have two panna 50 inchers and i have two 370s. i bought the 380 and a bdp s780 player to see what the differences are in regards to this "3D pass through"...

thank you for your help....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.