AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a weird issue with this soundbar. Have a 45 inch Samsung LCD TV(not smart TV) and a Motorola cable box from Comcast. Hooked the box through the soundbar and then soundbar to the TV. Also have the optical connection connected.

When I first hooked it up, all was well. Turned everything off and when I turned everything back on, TV no longer saw the cable signal. However, this is sporadic. Sometimes it will work fine, other times TV just displays no signal, when I know the cable box and sound bar is on.

Tried other HDMI cables, no difference. Sometimes, unplugging everything and plugging everything back in works. So I got fed up and was just going to use optical and put the HDMI cable from the box directly into the TV, which is how it was in the past before I got the soundbar. BUT now it tells me that we don't have a HD package, which I do. Also getting Comcast over there Sunday BUT they don't support troubleshooting with the soundbar, so I just have to ask them to see why I can't connect the box any more directly. Any ideas? I do not think the soundbar is faulty, because when the signal does go through it works flawlessly.

Could this possibly be low signal strength? I only have one cable connection to my apartment that is split three ways(TV, phone, internet). They tested the strength when I had TV and internet but when I added phone they didn't check it again so I do not know if that would have any effect on the signal not getting to the TV. Just figure what you guys are thinking, I have hooked up sound equipment before with no issue and it is a bit odd.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
Does the TV has an ARC HDMI input? What model is it and how old?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts