AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the 11HT this weekend. I couldn't monopolize too much time with it, because the store was pretty crowded. I was able to watch Directv, DirectvHD and a few DVDs (Vertical Limit and Independence Day played on a Sony 9000). The image was projected on a 100 inch Greyhawk screen, and the seating in the room was about 15 feet from the screen. I could not compare it side by side with a 10HT, but I did go to one store and look at a 10HT just before I looked at the 11HT. I liked the overall picture quality of the 11 more than the 10. The blacks were noticeably blacker and the colors were richer. Overall the picture had a more three dimensional feel to it (for example, when I would look at the side of someone's head against the background). The pixels were in a straight row, and were not staggered. I actually thought there was more screen door effect on the 11 than on the 10, although neither was bad. Very dark scenes looked similar to the 10HT in that images tended to blend together. There were a few funny artifacts, such as in one scene in Independence Day where there was a television in the background that had an all blue screen and the blue image seemed to pulsate between various shades of blue. Also, one scene on Directv showed bleachers in an arena in the background and they had a wavy image. Notwithstanding all of that, because of the better blacks and richer colors, I thought the overall image was better than the 10HT, which I liked. Also, the Directv HD channels, 199 and 509, looked absolutely wonderful. By the way, of the four 11HTs my dealer had, one had one dead pixel.

If anyone has any specific questions, I am sure I can pass them on to my dealer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.