AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Unfortunately, the VAIO line doesnt have a very good track record... everyone I know who had one has something else now.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi Boatman:

___A single word (well maybe two http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif ) should describe this HTPC to you … Overpriced Junk. At least you could use the HD, OS, and CPU in another HTPC if you had to. There is very little here that a true HTPC’er needs today unfortunately.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

------------------

New E-Mail address for the time being ... [email protected]

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I knew it must be too good to be true. I just saw the DVI out and the tv tuner and PVR and I was sold. I guess I'm back to the drawing boards to come up with something that will work for me.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hi Boatman,

If you want pre-built, I've heard good things about the HTPCs from AVScience, Digital Connection, and Wayne Gerdes (xcel, above).

If you're computer savvy and like to build your own, start with "Buyer's Guide: HTPC for Newbies" by Riverside (link below), a long but easy read. After digesting that, read the other links below. Lots of great information.

..Mike

------------------
Newbie snacks in xcel's HTPC FAQ & Favorites ¤ Buyer's Guide: HTPC for Newbies ¤ Ron Jones ¤ DC ¤ Radeon ¤ Keohi HDTV ¤ Don O'Brien D-ILA and the oft-mentioned archives .s>

Join AVSforum team to help Scotty (son of AVS moderator)s>  fight leukemiac>f>.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by xcel:
Hi Boatman:

___A single word (well maybe two http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif ) should describe this HTPC to you … Overpriced Junk. At least you could use the HD, OS, and CPU in another HTPC if you had to. There is very little here that a true HTPC’er needs today unfortunately.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

xcel,

I am not sure if you looked at the
Correct Link . It is supposed to have PVR/DVR capability that WinTV-PVR is yet to acheive, namely pause, record and view with a remote.

For those who want to read CNet's story

------------------

Thanks

Srikanth Koka

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.