AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have decided to buy a 3d led tv. However, I am really confused which model to buy. I have these 3 models availible in my country for the budget I have allocated. Kindly let me know whether sony KDL-40HX800 or the samsung ua40d6400 or sony ex720 would be the best option to buy.

I have always liked the analysis found through this website and I hope that the discussion over here would be of great help.

·
Registered
511 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by umarsaeed999 /forum/post/20877809

Hey all,

I have decided to buy a 3d led tv. However, I am really confused which model to buy. I have these 3 models availible in my country for the budget I have allocated. Kindly let me know whether sony KDL-40HX800 or the samsung ua40d6400 or sony ex720 would be the best option to buy.

I have always liked the analysis found through this website and I hope that the discussion over here would be of great help.

I have a Sony 55HX800. As a 2D TV it's great. By far the best 2D TV I've ever owned. The 3D however is not the best imo. The 3D effect is underwhelming compared to the demos I've seen from other manufacturers. There can be a fair bit of ghosting. It doesn't play .avi files. The 2D-3D mode is useless. And it also won't recognize 3D youtube videos.

But other than that I love it. lol

If I were to buy a 2nd 3DTV (which I just might) it would either by an active Samsung or a passive from LG or Vizio.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the 40Hx800 and think it's great and there are few complaints over at the HX800 thread. My panel is perfect and I'm satisfied with the 3D performance and from what I've read, it's better than the Samsungs. It also has better specs than the EX720.

If I go for a bigger TV later on, it will be another Sony HX model or a Panasonic 3D plasma.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.