AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a LG 55LD520 and while the TV is flat out beautiful on-axis, all my other seating positions experience some level of washout. My angles are approximately 25 degrees on each side of center, but I had to rearrange my seating to get one chair at 25 degrees and ideally something like 30-35 degrees would be great. After searching around and spending some time in BB (yelling at myself for having not seen the off-angle issue in-store), I think I have it narrowed down to the Sony 55EX500, 52NX801, and Vizio XVT553SV. The last two are going off of reviews and I haven't actually seen them yet. I still really like the original TV that caught my eye in the beginning of this process (Samsung 55C630), but I'm concerned about the glossy screen creating reflections in my room (overhead lighting, large picture window, and a side window). So basically where do you guys think I'm going to get the best bang for my buck? I'm also open to any other suggestions of what's out there in the sub-$2k field to meet my needs.

Ideally I'm looking to improve upon my 3-year old and still working great 40" Bravia in sports viewing and overall picture quality (black levels, colors, etc.) and be at least as good as it was with viewing angles. That TV was so good at these angles that the viewing angle issue never even crossed my mind until I started looking for a bigger replacement.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
You should check out the very/very comprehensive review of the Vizio XVT553SV just done by Home Theater Magazine and available online for free.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdude
I purchased a LG 55LD520 and while the TV is flat out beautiful on-axis, all my other seating positions experience some level of washout. My angles are approximately 25 degrees on each side of center, but I had to rearrange my seating to get one chair at 25 degrees and ideally something like 30-35 degrees would be great. After searching around and spending some time in BB (yelling at myself for having not seen the off-angle issue in-store), I think I have it narrowed down to the Sony 55EX500, 52NX801, and Vizio XVT553SV. The last two are going off of reviews and I haven't actually seen them yet. I still really like the original TV that caught my eye in the beginning of this process (Samsung 55C630), but I'm concerned about the glossy screen creating reflections in my room (overhead lighting, large picture window, and a side window). So basically where do you guys think I'm going to get the best bang for my buck? I'm also open to any other suggestions of what's out there in the sub-$2k field to meet my needs.

Ideally I'm looking to improve upon my 3-year old and still working great 40" Bravia in sports viewing and overall picture quality (black levels, colors, etc.) and be at least as good as it was with viewing angles. That TV was so good at these angles that the viewing angle issue never even crossed my mind until I started looking for a bigger replacement.
I recently purchased the Vizio XVT553SV after extensive review. Always been a sony fan. Have 2 top end sony's at home. A 60" and a 46". This Vizio is superior to both. Non reflective screen, great off angle viewing, spectacular hd and bluray picture. Priced right. Bought on walmart.com for $1688 and had delivered free to store. Son and I picked up with Durango. No problem except big box. Love the set, great choice. Hesitant at first, but know I definitely made the right choice, money not withstanding. You won't be sorry.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts