AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mile13 /forum/post/20900898

Official Sony HX929 Owner's thread: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...18875&page=202

So you want me to go through 150+ pages to search for this feedback, or you want me to post the exact same question only in that thread since it's specific to that model? (I'm new here so just let me know, thanks).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seti80 /forum/post/20901400


So you want me to go through 150+ pages to search for this feedback, or you want me to post the exact same question only in that thread since it's specific to that model? (I'm new here so just let me know, thanks).

No, I think he wanted you to post the same question in the 929 thread. But. I'm guessing nobody has asked that question in the 150+ pages of the thread since HDMI cables and TV stands aren't "brand specific."


One HDMI cable is as good as another, as long as it is classified as high speed. You don't need to spend a lot of money on HDMI cables, no matter what the electronics salesfolks tell you.


As for the stand, that seems to me to be a personal choice, so look at a bunch of them or do a Google search if you choose to buy on-line.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim /forum/post/20901636


One HDMI cable is as good as another, as long as it is classified as high speed. You don't need to spend a lot of money on HDMI cables, no matter what the electronics salesfolks tell you.

I quoted that for emphasis.


It's 100% true. No matter who tells you otherwise. If you see the picture without sparklies, dropouts, etc. and there are no audio glitches, your cables are fine. That's why many of us buy from Monoprice for pennies on the dollar vs. what retailers charge.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,307 Posts
As Boiler Jim said there's nothing about that set that requires a particular stand or cables. You may have been told by an ambitious store associate that because of it's 3D capability or some other advanced feature you need to purchase some exotic cables and this just isn't the case--I've sold any number of relatively high-end sets and the cheapest cables in our store work just fine.


About the only technical concern as far as stands go is whether or not it will support the weight of the set. The modern LED flat panel set is so light that this really need not be a factor. The typical 32" Sony trinitron crt set probably weighs twice what a 929 does. A stand can pretty much safely be selected on the basis of appealing style and price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I appreciate the responses here so far. I was debating between these or the AudioQuest Forrest hdmi cables. For the monoprice cables, they have a few different varieties. Should I opt for the 24AWG or 28AWG CL2 High Speed in the premium line instead of the ferrite core line?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,242 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seti80 /forum/post/20903255


I appreciate the responses here so far. I was debating between these or the AudioQuest Forrest hdmi cables. For the monoprice cables, they have a few different varieties. Should I opt for the 24AWG or 28AWG CL2 High Speed in the premium line instead of the ferrite core line?

Once again, IT DOESN'T MATTER. Get the ones you feel most comfortable paying for. Your equipment won't know the difference.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top