AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,392 Posts
That's not an IFB12.

(At least,.. I've never seen an IFB12 that looks like that,... I suppose I could be wrong.)

(If you have the board in hand check the PCB for IFBXXX and report back what it says.)

Looks like that board was disigned with 480p component in mind. Maybe 480i,.. check those pots for sharpness and stuff.

What pj are you trying to do this with?

-Brian

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghoniba /forum/post/0

Hi Gang:

Does anyone happen to know the correct dip switch settings on a Sony IFB-12 component input card so that it can operate at 720p?

Thank you, Glenn

If you'll search the archives here on AVS for "IFB-12" you will find LOTS of information on how to set that card up for component input.

You will also find that 720P is not guaranteed, but works for some - it seems to depend on the source. I believe it is an issue with what kind of sync the source is providing.

HTH

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guyz:

I've heard the 480p thing a few times now. Sounds a little dicey. I think I might just go with an RGB card and a transcoder for component output to make sure I get 720p. I have a Sony PC-1271 switcher I was thinking about putting the card in. I have a Sony 1271Q projector running 1280 by 720.

Thank you, Glenn

·
Registered
354 Posts
I can't remember what IFB it is but I know for sure it is only good for 480P, nothing higher.

IFB-30 maybe

·
Registered
36 Posts
I believe the card in your picture is a Sony IFB-1200.

I also believe that Vibe is correct, that it won't deal with anything higher than a 480p input signal. If 480p is not the correct limit, I know that it at least has a pretty low threshold and won't accept HDTV signals.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The IFB-1200, IFB-1300, and IFB-1400 all look very similar, they all have the HDTV-type component video input, as well as audio. I'm not sure which one has the hue and sharpness controls, but I think it's the IFB-1200.

I think they are all limited to 480p.

Here is a link to Sony's website describing the IFB-1400. It's still a current product:

http://bssc.sel.sony.com/Broadcastan...20066&id=56242

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.