Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done a search on the forum and came up with zero:eek:

Can someone explain the difference between these cards

Sony IFB -11 I think the difference between this and the IFB-10 is the the IFB-11 is Switchable I am sure I read this somewhere on the forum before:eek:

Whats the difference Between the above and the Sony IFB-12A :confused:

Thankyou in advance for your comments:)

·
Registered
300 Posts
I am not sure of the difference between the 10 and the 11 but the 12 can take a component input which the others will not do.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx Moe

anyone know if this card would work In a 1272 and run standalone progressive player threw component

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
If you do a little searching on the forum, you should find several threads discussing the differences between these input cards.

IIRC, the 11 is just a newer version of the 10. The 11 has selectable termination, the 10 doesn't. Also, I can't really remember, but I'm thinking that the IFB-12 only takes 480i component, not progressive.

If you already have a 10 or 11 and all you want is 480p from your set-top DVD, you could probably just use a compenent-RGB transcoder.

SC

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Gatherer
I have done a search on the forum and came up with zero:eek:

Can someone explain the difference between these cards

Sony IFB -11 I think the difference between this and the IFB-10 is the the IFB-11 is Switchable I am sure I read this somewhere on the forum before:eek:

Whats the difference Between the above and the Sony IFB-12A :confused:

Thankyou in advance for your comments:)
Hi Gatherer,

If you put the IFB-12 in a 1272 it WILL NOT take component video, like from a progressive DVD player. At the same time, when used in the G70 (or D50), it accepts component video and you can feed directly from a DVD player. Strange but true. The IFB-12A is just a later version and I don't believe it allows component video with a 1272 either.

Regards,

Bruce

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
I have both VPH-1271 and a VPH-G70 projectors. The IFB-12A installed in the G70 works OK for accepting interlaced component inputs. However, I have not been successful in using the IFB-12A in my VPH-1271 projector to support a component input. I also tried installing the IFB-12A in a PC-1271 switcher that was then connected to the VPH-1271 projector via the "remote" interface using a SIC-M cable. This configuration would also not support a component input via the IFB-12A. The bottom line seems to be that if you want to use a component video source with a VPH-12xx projector, you must use an external component video to VGA (RGB) transcoder. I'm using the one from Audio Authority ($189) and it works OK for both the output of a progressive scan DVD player (Panasonic PR82) was well as the output from a HD receiver (at 1080i).

Ron Jones
www.dtvmax.com

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have the IFB-3000 line doubler board in my PC-1271 switcher feeding a 1272 and it accepts component input (interlaced only, not progressive).

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thankyou Bruce

yes the G70 accept component threw the board (Strange thought the later model 12a may have)

And Ron you sound like your been right into what I was trying to do

Once again thankyou to all:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.