1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy`s,

If you are in the market for a Sony KDE-37XS955, Look @ Tweeter Ect. :D

But they are going fast :eek:

Anyway, I bought one ( full review will be posted in about a week ).

Here`s my question:

I`m have a cable co. tech. comming out Thursday to install the cable card and I`m really concern that damage will be done. Not intentional , but simply by action.

In other words the TV + CC have to "chat" for a while , right ?

I wanted to install the card myself, called the 800# said that I was able to do the install and that I would call them back with all the code info and setup number.

They said "fine , I`ll set up a work order for you to pick up a card" .

Went to pick it up , and was told " No way we are giving you or anyone else a CC to install yourself". So they offered a "free" install and a 4 mon. half off price.

Is everything going to be A-OK :confused:

Please help , many thanks.

Gary

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi29
Hi Guy`s,

If you are in the market for a Sony KDE-37XS955 , look @ Tweeter Ect. :D

But they are going fast :eek:

Anyway, I bought one ( full review will be posted in about a week ).

Here`s my question:

I`m have a cable co. tech. comming out Thursday to install the cable card and I`m really concern that damage will be done. Not intentional , but simply by action.

In other words the TV + CC have to "chat" for a while , right ?

I wanted to install the card myself, called the 800# said that I was able to do the install and that I would call them back with all the code info and setup number.

They said "fine , I`ll set up a work order for you to pick up a card" .

Went to pick it up , and was told " No way we are giving you or anyone else a CC to install yourself". So they offered a "free" install and a 4 mon. half off price.

Is everything going to be A-OK :confused:

Please help , many thanks.

Gary
They look sweet, But I won't be able to afford a 2,500 set till Dec..

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi KIB,

They are nice :)

What really is sweet is a tv with a 100 W sound system :D

I have all the regular home theater gear , but just to have a display with that kind of sound is A-OK !!

I still miss 2 tuner PiP :( , but quickly learning to get by :)

Take care,

Gary

·
Registered
19 Posts
I picked up this plasma, last weekend after returning my 32" Proview Lcd.

What A Difference! Tweeter sold it to me before sale started at the sale price.

Carted that baby home, Disassembled the stand and subwoofer ( bit of a pain) and hung it on my sanus mount.

The viewing angle in great for bedroom.

Hope your enjoying yours.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Tech Freak,

Same deal here , picked it up last Thrusday and got an additional 300 off :D

Was $$$$ - 300 is a really good deal :)

I tried out the new Toshiba 32HL95 , not too bad , but no where near the Sony !!!!

Best of luck with your as well.

Are you having a cable card installed ?

Gary

·
Registered
19 Posts
HeyJedi

I don't plan on using the cable card slot,since I use a dvr hd box and my wife likes to record shows. You mention early about not having dual tuners, but I just plug my satellite box in for split pip.

I found though if your using component or HDMi connects in video 4,5,or 6, you can only use video #1,2 or 3 for pip . That means s- video for satillite connection. :(

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Jedi29,

I don't have a Sony but I use CableCard with my Zenith ED and Comcast Digital Plus. The install is nothing and the handshaking that goes on is made easier if the tech tests the card before he arrives. The tech came on a weekend and basically put in the card and that was it. As soon as the card is clicked into position you can usually go right into the menu and check the cable status. The tech just asked me to tune to a specific channel first. As soon as it displayed he was ready to leave but he liked the picture so much he lingered awhile. :p We took a few minutes to enjoy the screen on quite a few channels and then entered the Cable Menu to check the info listed.

I noticed on my set that CableCard caused an operational noise similar to a mild transformer sound which subsequently I learned is very likely fan related only to CableCard use. When I take the card out myself to test the set goes dead quiet. The sound is very mild and inaudible at my normal viewing distance.

Don't worry about anything...and prepare to see HD in all its glory. The difference between CATV, CADTV including HD is amazing and truely shows just how much crap is found in SD cable and NTSC in general. I love to show friends who do not yet have HDTV the difference by toggling back and forth between the same show on CATV and CADTV, especially if the show is also broadcast in HD. Their eyes just pop out of their heads and they suddenly realize what kind of signal quality they have been viewing all these years, fighting to get it just right. ;)

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Guy`s,

Thanks again for the support :)

Tech Freak , The "freeze" function is still there , but you wont find a freeze button on your remote :confused: , if you have another Sony tv remote that has a freeze function you can check it out. It`s not full screen , It`s same as PiP , the old remote for our set is RM-Y1003.

That has a freeze button , why ?? If wish I knew !!

ClarkBar,

Thanks for the CC info, really helps I hope Adelphia sends out a good tech !

Still don`t know what to do about the signal amp , it`s no big deal to disconnect it.

Dan,

DVD on the XS is just fine :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.